What to Do After a Car Accident
Do you know what to do in the event of an auto accident?
An auto accident is a stressful and inconvenient event for everyone involved. Our partner carrier, Hanover Insurance, has put together a guide of important steps that you may take when you get into an accident. This guide is provided for informational purposes only and may be used by anyone, so feel free to send a copy to your friends and family as it could come in handy!
Auto accidents can be upsetting. In the event of an accident, your first concern should always be your safety and that of any of the passengers in your vehicle. If your car is operable, your first step should be to drive to the side of the road to avoid further risks.
Once you are safe, there are some important steps you can take.
At the scene of the Accident
- Assist injured parties
- Contact 911 for ambulance service if needed
- Contact the police
- Collect the names, addresses, and insurance information for all persons involved in the accident
- If you have a camera available, such as on your mobile phone, use it to document the damage to all vehicles
- Do not admit fault or make promises to anyone
- Notify your insurance agent - Call EIA at 888.908.6822