Treat Yourself this Fall
As the sun begins to set earlier and the cool, crisp air blows past carrying the fragrance of fall – it’s the perfect time to make a treat that your family can enjoy. Pumpkin granola is a crunchy and flavorful snack that is not only healthy, but gluten free.
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 8-10 dried dates, pits removed, then chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, add your pumpkin puree, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and all spices. Mix well.
- Then add your nuts, seeds and dates and mix well with your wet ingredients
- Place parchment paper on a large baking sheet and pour your granola mixture on top. Use a spoon to spread out the mixture evenly so everything will cook at the same time.
- Place in oven and cook for 30-40 minutes, moving the granola around halfway through to be sure it doesn’t burn
- LET COOL. Letting the granola cool will help it harden up, and that’s what you want from granola.