If you own or operate a motorcycle in Massachusetts, you’re required by state law to carry minimum amounts of insurance. Beyond this requirement, motorcyclists need the proper insurance protections to protect themselves financially in case of an accident or other covered loss. At Educators Insurance Agency, we’re here to help simplify the world of motorcycle insurance. Contact us today to learn more about your coverage options or get a personalized quote.
What Is Motorcycle Insurance?
Motorcycle insurance is a type of insurance that provides financial protection for motorcycle owners in case of damage, theft, or accidents involving their motorcycle. In exchange for paying a premium, the insurance company agrees to cover certain expenses related to the motorcycle.
Understanding the Different Types of Motorcycle Insurance Coverage
Your insurance company may provide numerous motorcycle coverage options for you to consider. The following list contains common types of motorcycle insurance:
- Liability coverage may help pay for costs (e.g., legal fees, medical bills) if you cause third-party property damage or bodily injuries while driving.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage may help cover expenses arising from an accident with an at-fault driver who is uninsured or underinsured.
- Comprehensive coverage may help reimburse you for damage to your motorcycle from noncollision incidents, such as theft or fire.
- Collision coverage may help pay for costs arising from collisions with objects or vehicles, regardless of fault.
- Medical payments coverage (MedPay) may help cover medical bills for you or your passengers if you’re injured while driving your motorcycle.
Additional insurance coverage may be available for specialty motorcycle parts and other individualized aspects of your motorcycle. Work with your insurance agent to figure out what is best for you.
How to Find Affordable Motorcycle Coverage
If you need a motorcycle insurance policy, we’re here to help. We can work with you and your budget, tailoring a policy that provides the coverage you need at a price you can afford. Call Educators Insurance Agency to discuss your motorcycle insurance needs and get a quote for a policy that’s right for you.