Auto Insurance in Worcester, MA
Auto insurance can help provide crucial financial protection if you are involved in an accident or if events beyond your control cause damage to your vehicle.
Contact Educators Insurance Agency today to learn more about your auto policy options.
How Much Auto Insurance Do I Need?
Massachusetts drivers must purchase minimum amounts of auto liability insurance to help cover their potential legal liability for third-party bodily injury and property damage claims. Your policy must list all drivers in your household that are part of your family, even if they also have their own policies.
If you finance or lease a vehicle, the lienholder requires full coverage insurance, including comprehensive and collision coverage. They may also require gap insurance.
Your auto insurance coverage can be customized to meet your needs. Your agent may recommend that you purchase the following policies:
- Auto liability insurance may help pay for third-party injuries and property damage after a covered accident if you are at fault.
- Comprehensive and collision insurance may help pay to repair or replace your covered vehicle after an accident or incident, such as a crash with another vehicle or object, theft, vandalism or weather damage.
- Gap coverage may help cover the remaining balance on your loan or lease after your insurer provides a settlement if your vehicle is a total loss.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) may help cover medical expenses and other accident-related costs for you and your passengers after a covered accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage may help pay to repair or replace your vehicle when the other driver is at fault but does not have appropriate liability coverage.
Your agent can help you get an auto insurance policy that meets any requirements that apply to your situation.
How Auto Insurance Works
If you are in an accident, contact your insurance company as soon as possible. They can help you file a claim and assign an adjuster to your account. Once the adjuster has reviewed your claim, including the other driver’s statement, the police report and photo evidence, they will decide whether to approve or deny it.
If your claim is approved, the adjuster will calculate the amount of your settlement which may include repair or replacement costs and medical bills, depending on your coverage.
What Auto Insurance Is the Best
The agents at Educators Insurance Agency in Worchester, Massachusetts, are ready to help you get the best possible auto insurance for your situation. Contact us today to learn about your options and get personalized car insurance quotes.