Watercraft & Boat Insurance
Owning a boat requires you to implement various financial precautions, as even the most experienced and seasoned nautical navigators may eventually require assistance to manage the aftermath of accidents and unexpected situations. Fortunately, boat insurance can provide versatile coverage to help you enjoy peace of mind and financial security.
What Is Boat Insurance?
As its name suggests, boat insurance is a specialized coverage intended to financially protect watercraft and their owners. These policies may be available for many types of vessels, including motorboats, jet skis and other watercraft, and can provide funds and resources in response to many common incidents.
How Does Boat Insurance Work?
Boat insurance policies establish a binding agreement between insureds and boat insurance companies. After agreeing upon the details of your coverage, you maintain your policy through regular (e.g., monthly) premiums. As long as your boat insurance is active, you retain the right to file a claim for financial aid following covered incidents, which, if approved, can help reduce out-of-pocket losses.
Although your boat insurance policy can typically be customized to suit your circumstances, needs and preferences, coverage may often include the following protections:
- Boat liability insurance can financially protect you from third-party losses for which you are responsible.
- Collision coverage can help pay for repairs if your boat is damaged after striking another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive coverage may compensate you for structural damage to your vessel arising from noncollision incidents, such as fires, criminal activity and weather.
- Uninsured/underinsured watercraft coverage can ensure you receive aid for your losses, even if the at-fault party lacks insurance.
- Personal possessions coverage can help you recoup losses involving storing or transporting belongings on your boat.
Where to Get Boat Insurance
At Educators Insurance Agency, our team is fully committed to helping boat owners, families and businesses understand and address their nautical coverage needs. We will help you explore available options while securing your ideal boat insurance cost. Contact us today to learn more or to get a tailored boat insurance quote.